1. 1. The competition will be called the Billericay Lawn Tennis Club Closed Championships
2. Entry to the competition is FREE
3. The competition will be managed by the Billericay Lawn Tennis Club Tennis Committee
4. The competition will be open to full members, under 21, student and intermediate members of Billericay Lawn Tennis Club
5. The competition will consist of the following events unless the tennis committee decide there are too few entries to run an event.
Mens Singles Plate
Mens Vets Doubles
Mixed Vets Doubles
6. Each event will have an administrator who will ensure matches are played on time and will provide any assistance necessary. The administrator will have full authority to make necessary decisions concerning his or her event.
7. Each event of the competition will be on a knockout basis except Mens Vets Doubles and Mixed Vets Doubles which will be contested on a round robin basis, unless decided otherwise by the Tennis Committee
8. Players or teams will be seeded in the following events:-
Mens Singles Plate
9. Matches will be played according to LTA tennis rules. In all events a match will consist of best of 3 sets. The LTA tie break shall apply at six games all in each set
10. For knockout events each round of the event will have a cut off date by which all matches in that round must be played. The cut off date will be strictly adhered to. In the event a match is not played by the cut off date a decision will be made by the event administrator as to the result. The match may be decided by the toss of a coin.
11. For the mens singles event only the first two rounds will have match dates assigned and courts booked by the tennis committee. If either player cannot play on that date it is his responsibility to arrange an alternative match date to be played by the cut off date.
12. Except for the mens singles event, both players or doubles teams are responsible for arranging the date for the match to be played. Each player or team must offer their opponent(s) at least 3 possible dates. Difficulties in arranging a match should be reported to the event administrator as soon as possible and before the cut off date.
13. Match results must be entered on the club notice board immediately after the match. The winner(s) of each match is responsible for posting the result.
14. All matches started but abandoned before the end of the match due to inclement weather shall be re-arranged and the match will restart at the last completed game.
15. All questions of eligibility of players, interpretation of rules or any other queries or disputes in relation to these competitions must be referred in writing (email is acceptable) to the Tennis Committee, whose decision is final.
16. The finals of all events will be held on Saturday 10th September 2016 at Billericay Lawn Tennis Club.
If a player cannot play on finals day they must withdraw from all events they have entered. There will be absolutely no exception to this rule.